Thursday, November 20, 2008

The End of an Era

The company that I have worked at for the last eight and a half years has closed it's doors. I'm part of the small contingent of employees left to close out the accounting records and take care of some of the loose ends.

I'm grieving for the people that I worked with for so long and for all of us that have to reenter the scary world of looking for work in an unstable economy. I'm also strangely optimistic about the future. I personally need to get back in touch with who I am. In the last year, I've had to go on high blood pressure medication, anti-depressants and for the first time in my life, I'm having trouble sleeping through the night. The chest pains that I've been experiencing since I first learned about the closure have also been a wake up call.

It's time to move on.

No comments: